The Librarian's Guide to Genealogical Research
by James Swan
Available at Lake County Public Library in the Indiana/Genealogy room.
This helpful genealogy title contains a useful guide to doing genealogy research on page 25.
- Collect, organize, and record personal sources.
- Identify and contact family members for information.
- Add the information to your charts.
- Survey compiled sources.
- Focus on one person in a single area.
- Identify available resources.
- Select the most appropriate research tool.
- Acquire the record.
- Record the source in the research log.
- Add the information to the genealogical record form.
- Evaluate the data and begin the cycle again with no. 5.